This was the first Aggie game of the season that wasn’t televised, so I can’t speak from first-hand observations when talking about the game. What I can say is this:
- Texas A&M beat Iowa State on the road, 34-3.
- Aggie QB Reggie McNeal continued to impress, accounting for four TDs (3 passing, 1 rushing).
- The Aggies did not turn the ball over, the fourth time this season they’ve accomplished this feat. In fact, A&M is now plus-12 in the turnover department this season after going minus-11 for the 2003 season.
- It was the Aggies’ fourth win in a row, following the season opening blowout loss at Utah.
- The win ended an eight-game road losing streak for A&M, dating back to the 2002 season.
And for the first time this season (actually, for the first time since the 2002 season), Texas A&M has resurfaced in the national polls, entering the Associated Press poll this week in the #23 position.
A&M is now 4-1 on the season (2-0 in Big XII play). Next game: Saturday, October 16th at Oklahoma State in a big Big XII South matchup.